Welcome to Blacknall’s Women’s Ministry! Whatever your life stage – young, middle aged or older, veteran or newcomer – there is a place for you among us. For many years, women’s ministry at Blacknall has been a cornerstone of our church family, encouraging one another to grow more deeply in the love and call of Jesus Christ, fostering spiritual friendship and formation, praying together, serving one another and the community, and calling forth our gifts.
Women’s Ministries Leadership Team (WMLT) meets quarterly to pray for women and to help shape the vision and care of women at Blacknall. The team is comprised of Suzanne Coonley, Diane Felton, Margaret Frothingham (staff liaison), Becky Gould (elder), Susan Kinghorn, Jennifer Sider, and Brooklynne Travis.
The vision of Blacknall Women’s Ministry is that each woman:
- identify herself as a vital member of the Blacknall community
- practice spiritual disciplines
- bear fruit of the Spirit, live in forgiveness, peace, generosity, obedience and submission to Christ
- use her gifts
- extend and receive support
- actively participate in the church and women’s ministry mission
We seek to rely on the unifying work of the Holy Spirit to move us toward this vision in each ministry, event and meeting we sponsor.