8:30 and 11:00 a.m. Worship Services
Children participate in the first half of the worship service alongside their families. After the children’s blessing, they are led downstairs to children’s church where they engage with Scripture both imaginatively and creatively. Curriculum is based on a combination of Godly Play, Sonja Stewart, Young Children & Worship, and our own written materials.
Children’s Church (4 & 5 year olds) – Room 105 (Elementary Hallway)
Junior Church (1st & 2nd graders) – Room 111 (Elementary Hallway)
Please note that children participating in the 8:30 Children’s Worship will immediately be escorted to their grade-appropriate Sunday School class at 9:50 a.m. Parents may pick up their children in their Sunday School class. However, children attending the 11:00 Children’s Worship must be picked up by their parents at the end of the service in Rooms 105 or 111.
Overview of Children’s Worship
- Leading children in an encounter with God that results in a sense of awe and wonder about who God is.
- Engaging children’s imagination as a way of helping them think deeply about who God is, as we know Him in Scripture.
(1) Inspiring a sense of the awe, mystery and transcendence of God
(2) Understanding the over-arching narrative of Scripture
(3) Providing a place for children to listen to and talk to God
(4) Becoming familiar with the rhythm of the church calendar
Slow pace; quiet environment; Scripture-Centered; Wonder statements; ritual and repetition; self-directed response, with limited guidance
What stories will my child hear from the Bible?
Children’s Church (4 & 5 year olds)
Junior Church (1st & 2nd grade)
(Genesis – Revelation)
|(Genesis – Prophets)