Sunday, October 18 | 3:30-7 p.m. | Camp Chestnut Ridge
3:30–4 p.m. Arrive & check-in chili
4-6 p.m. Hayrides and lawn games
4:45 p.m. Deadline for chili entrants
5-5:30 p.m. Chili tasting & voting by judges
5:30–6:15 p.m. Dinner, S’mores by the fire
6:15 p.m. Lord of the Bean Award Ceremony
6:30 p.m. Clean up
Prizes will be awarded for each category (Traditional, Vegetarian, or Spicy), with a special prize for the best named chili. Of course, the overall best-in-show will be crowned Lord of the Bean.
- Bring you chili to the check-in table by 4:45 p.m.
- At check-in, your chili will be assigned a number and labeled with a recipe name, if you have one. Recipe names may not reference the cook(s), and voting will be anonymous.
- You will select a category to enter: Traditional, Vegetarian, or Spicy.
- The most votes in each category will win that category, and the most votes overall will win Lord of the Bean!
- Crockpot or other warming device to hold the chili.
- Tablespoon to serve chili during judging.
- Ladle, for serving chili during dinner.
- Extension cord.
- Any accoutrements your chili requires (sour cream, cilantro, cheese, jalapenos, etc.)
- Please label your chili pot and all supplies with your name!