Blacknall offers a safe, healthy, and fun environment for children. We know visiting a new place can be daunting for children (and for adults, too) so we've answered your big questions below.
What is offered for children on Sunday mornings?
During Worship | 8:30 & 11 a.m.
- Nursery: Birth - age 3
- Children's Worship: Age 4 - 2nd grade (children attend the 1st part of worship with their families before heading to Children's Worship)
During Sunday School | 10-10:45 A.M.
- Nursery: Birth - age 1
- Sunday School Classes: Age 2 - 5th grade
May children stay for worship?
Upper elementary ages (3rd-5th grade) worship with their families. Younger children are welcome to stay for worship as well, or to head to the nursery or Children's Worship. Seating towards the back and in the balcony allows for caregivers to come and go during the worship service if needed.
Who will be caring for my child?
All of our children's volunteers are screened, receive a background check, and attend an abuse and prevention orientation. The nursery provides a strict name-tag pick up policy for all children.
What is Children's Worship?
Children’s Worship aims to lead children in an encounter with God that results in a sense of awe and wonder about who God is, and engages children’s imagination as a way of helping them think deeply about who God is. It is slow paced in a quiet environment, with self-directed response and limited guidance. The curriculum is based on a combination of Godly Play, Sonja Stewart, Young Children and Worship, and our own written materials.
- Family E-Group - For families with children of all ages and those who support them. To subscribe, contact Traci Hoover.
- Blacknall Library - A wealth of resources for parents as well as children’s literature.
- Blacknall Books for Families Blog – Space to talk about what we’re reading, how it brings us joy, and how it leads us to think about what is noble, right, pure, and lovely.